We got a really good variety this week.
- Broccoli! – not just one of my favorites, but also our dogs’
- Potatoes – used some tonight, storing the rest
- Tomatoes – planning a pizza to use up the rest of the fresh mozzarella
- Bitter Melon – new to us! planning a Chinese stir-fry
- Apples – snacks!
- Corn – used tonight
- Swiss Chard
- Zucchini – used some tonight
- Green Pepper
We’re having a string of terrible weather and all I’ve wanted is soup. I worked from a couple Rick Bayless recipes to make a Red Chileatole with Corn, Zucchini, Potatoes, and Shrimp.
I started by sautéing onion, garlic, and dried ancho chiles. This mixture is then pureed with chicken broth and masa harina to thicken. This puree is pushed through a sieve and simmered with more broth.
To the simmering broth, I added corn, chopped zucchini and potatoes. And a few minutes before the potatoes were done, I added some shrimp.